Happy Monday everyone.
Every evening when I pray, I always start by thanking God for yesterday, today and tomorrow. This way, if I don’t get the opportunity one day for proper prayer, then at least I have thanked the Lord for the prior day, today and tomorrow. It gives me a little coverage.
Of course I haven’t missed a day since I started to pray. One day it might happen, and then I will know that throughout it all I have thanked the Lord for each and every day.
Below is less of a prayer, more a basic guide to how I generally pray. Of course it may alter day to day, but it is how I base my evening prayer.
1) “Dear Lord”
2) “Thank you yesterday, today and tomorrow.”
3) Then I will seek forgiveness for any sins I made that day. I try my best not to sin, but sometimes it happens. I ask forgiveness for the specifics as well as general sins. This helps me identify when I sin and what I can do to stop.
4) I will then make Thanks to my Lord for all of the great things that happened through the day – as I know that it is him that gives them.
5) I may then ask for help or blessings for the future for myself and others.
6) I close with a praise of God and Amen.
Do you have any specific guidelines that you use for your own personal prayers? Let me know in the comments below.
Have a great day.